I've had this project in mind for a while and ordered specific patterned paper to make it with. Well, the store didn't send the paper I wanted so I had to use some I had on hand (I didn't want to bug them for 2 sheets of paper!) I'm actually glad they messed it up, because I really like the way it turned out, I think it's much better than what I had originally planned!
Okay, so you're probably asking what "it" is by now. I have been using a lot of patterns that I find online and they were starting to take over my craft room, so I got a binder to organize them all in. But of course I had to make it pretty first! So here it is:
The binder is sitting funny in this picture so I could see both pieces, but the skinny piece is on the spine.
I used my Silhouette to cut out all the shapes and letters (yay for free shapes and the trace feature!) and then added the thread and needle on the spool (if you click to enlarge the picture, you can see it better)
Then I used my i-rock to add some rhinestone swirls. :)
Now for the "boring" part. I put all my patterns into page protectors with their pictures and instructions, and labelled them so I can always find the one I want! (sorry for the awful picture)